Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Where I Stand: An Outline of My Presentation

As the deadline comes closer, I'm beginning to put together an outline of my presentation. Since the Media topic is so broad, it is important that I manage my ideas so that the presentation makes sense.

The first thing I am going to talk about a summary of the topic.
-What is the Media
-Why the media is important
-What the problem is
-Some more..

I'm going to talk about the history of the media
-Starting with newspapers
-Talk about where/When/why began
-historic figures
-etc.

Why the internet is overcoming newspapers
-what it has over newspapers/what it has that outlasts the newspaper
-why people want the internet
-Stats

Why Newspapers Are Crumbling
-Its problems
-Stats of number of papers still around, sales decreases
-What they have that internet does not
-Why they are less effective

Do we still need newspapers?
-What we need from the paper
~such as local news
-talk about some job loss, although it is not the main point
-is the loss for the better?

Future
-My theory of the future
-Others theory of the future
-What form I think the news will be in

At some point:
-Mention the quote from my wiki page: It's a good quote that summarizes the future of the internet/newspaper

Show my video
-Video contains
~input from other people.... all ages
~snippets of Youtube videos, quotes from all different professionals
~Not very long
~contains the song "Breakdown" by Jack Johnson

Presentation Preparation
-Type a similar to this one with my actual facts- much more detailed and in depth
-Finish the Video
-Research the history of the paper, have started but haven't had the opportunity to get more in depth
-a main thing I want to do is to get the local peoples input
-6 sources of news (saved on my digg account)

Goal:
To get an A!

No comments:

Post a Comment