Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Next Generation of Journalism

The most interesting thing I learned in 21st Century Journalism was when the NYU student came in and told us about some of the internships she had to do. I thought it was really odd that people are getting paid to update Twitter and Facebook pages. Journalists are going to these top-notch schools to go on Facebook! It makes me wonder what job I may get assigned to when I get a job or internship. In this class, I hope to continue to learn more about the journalist job itself and its pros and cons. In the last 2 weeks, I've learned about hard news, deadlines, and how to catch attention in the lede. Speaking of lede, I've learned new journalism terms that are found in articles from newspapers, web pages, and magazines. I still want to know new things about the job such as the hours put in to the job per week, and if they vary depending on your job. I also want to know if breaking news happens during the night, are there people in the office ready to update the paper for the next day? Are there people in the office all night long? Lastly, I think we should continue to talk about current events going on around the world. I think it's important for students to know what's going on outside the high school world.



photo credit: Journalism
by angelicdevil619 on September 15, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment