Wednesday, September 16, 2009

TTYL

Blogging is the start of a new trend for expressing your opinion and even handing in papers. Although it has been around for some time now, I never really thought about blogging and never understood its point. The only blog I had ever heard of was Perez Hilton's, which basically trashes every celebrity in Hollywood. All different sites offer free blogs for a multiple of reasons.


To me, the most effective way to use a blog is when your a teacher to post the assignments there. Instead of wasting tons of paper for assignment sheets, you can just post it on a blog. Students can check the blog for the assignment and can post their assignment on a blog also. Another upside to blogging is that the text is easier to understand and isn't written in a tough format.


A downside to a blog is the fact that I'm using "I" a lot, which isn't a good habit to get into. You don't want to get in the habit of these grammatical errors and want to make you remember how to properly write. Refering to an article about how blogs are affecting our language, I came across a section of the article about how he (the author of the blog) reads text differently now that he is a "blogger." Blogging could affect the way the younger generation writes and reads. Since they are exposed to the internet at such a young age, they start to soak in the "slang" terms that could be used in a blog. What could happen is "IM lingo" starts to mix into our language. Instead of saying, "talk to you later," people will be like, "TTYL!"


Now that I exposed to blogs, I think they're actually pretty cool. I like hearing other peoples opinions and I like to give mine. Blogging would make life so much easier because my printer only works when it feels like it. Instead of printing out papers, I could post a blog entry. Plus they're free!



Photo Credit: Blogging by funkyphani on September 17, 2009

1 comment:

  1. Kells: Nice job so far with your blog. You have some interesting ideas. There are also other things to consider when looking at how blogs can affect reading. The author of that article discusses the strong link between reading and writing that blogging can help strengthen.

    Keep reading and writing. If you are interested, I also found an interesting blog you might like reading: http://www.10000words.net

    ReplyDelete