Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Why I Chose Media

When given this assignment, I knew I wanted to choose a topic about something I enjoy and would want to learn new things about it. I'm not interested in the environment or anything having to do with science, and knew I would end up doing media. To me, the media is so important and I've always been interested in news. After I get all my homework done, I quickly log onto my computer and look around at the news going on right now. As weird as it sounds, I love when the bar comes up at the bottom of the T.V. with breaking news. I then want more details and will even look online for more information. I think this topic is important because the media is how we recieve the news, opposed to the other topics that are news (...if that makes any sense).
I started out on the New York Times and typed in "newspaper bailouts" in the search bar because that is one of the topics I wanted to discuss. I then came across a New York Times blog Media Decoder. This blog is about "behind the scenes" of the media. Once I found this blog, it was smooth sailing from there. This blog linked to other articles about the failing newspaper industry and what Obama thinks of it. I feel like I've past the hardest part of the assignment and that the Media Decoder has really helped me move along. As I continue with this project, I hope to find more articles on media today and how it is changing.I am also going to be looking into how the news is going to be distributed as time goes on.

Photo Credit: Media Decoder by New York Times


No comments:

Post a Comment